Day One Activities and Videos.
Learning goal: Campers will be introduced to Computer Science, Cyber Security, Programming and Binary.
Complete Cyber security Pre-Class Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S3J2L2J
(First 3 slides)
4. (Slides 5, 6, 7) Pair Programming
5. (Slide 8) Star Wars: Hour of Code introduction: watch video and work on activities
6. (Slides 9, 10, 11) Robot with incomplete instructions
9. (Slides 12, 13, 14) Teacher video: Sorting Activity
(Work through Sorting Activity grid)
10. (Slide 15) Link and first video; work through binary number activity with group and then class.
11. Computer Science careers: Review slides 16-end.
12. Word Wall… add words
13. If time, Binary numbers practice sheets
Three Takeaways for students from Day 1 of Camp:
■ Computer Science is a broad field and there are many career paths.
■ Women have been instrumental in the Computer Science field before it was even a field of study in college.
■ Programming a computer is not difficult, it is a simple task of defining the algorithm, choosing the appropriate programming language and then letting the computer run the code in binary to complete the task.